kodak.com Online Privacy Notice
(Revised December 2013)
Our Commitment To Privacy
At Kodak, we are committed to protecting your privacy online. In this notice, "Kodak" refers to Kodak Limited, Building 8, Croxley Green Business Park, Hatters Lane, Watford, Herts WD18 8PX, UK. Kodak is the data controller in respect of personal data collected via the websites. Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. Our pledge is to safeguard any personal data that you provide us, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as you choose. We at Kodak are taking a leadership role in assisting our customers and other businesses in understanding the importance of using your personal data appropriately.
Scope of This Notice
The goal of this Privacy Notice is to advise you of the online privacy practices of kodak.co.uk. The Privacy Notice also describes the choices you have about the information collected on these sites and how it is used. It also applies to consumer digital registration cards. For information about other offline data collections, use the contact information noted below.
- This statement does not apply to our commercial customers. To review our privacy notice for commercial customers, click here.
- If you indicate your residence is outside the U.S., you may be offered a privacy notice that is specific to your country of residence. In such case, Kodak is operating this site for itself as well as a service provider for its global affiliates.
- On our co-branded sites (such as those sites where Kodak has presented content together with one of our retail partners) a privacy notice unique to that site may be presented.
- Private sites (such as those only available to dealers and distributors) and sites created for our employees (or prospective employees) may also have privacy notices unique to those sites.
- Sites maintained by Kodak subsidiaries and affiliates, although linked to kodak.co.uk, may have their own online privacy notices.
- Your use of the websites is conditional upon your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the provisions of this Privacy Notice. If you do not accept and agree to these provisions please refrain from using the Websites.
Your Personal Data
Kodak's primary goals in collecting personal information about you are, first, to give you a meaningful, enjoyable, and personalized website experience and, second, to facilitate the development of new products and services relevant to consumers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests- deliver more of what you want and less of what you don't want.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Explicitly Provide:
In order to establish your account, register products, or to participate in various online programs offered through kodak.co.uk, you will be asked to provide certain personal data to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. If you choose to purchase products or services, you will be asked to provide a valid credit card number and expiration date along with billing and shipping address information. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
Information We Automatically Collect:
We use common internet technologies such as cookies and beacons to ensure the integrity of our site and to customize portions of the site for you. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a web site's request. Kodak cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
- to keep track of temporary information. For example, cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download;
- to register you in programs, such as kodak.co.uk Membership. Cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require Membership;
- to remember your country and language preferences;
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
- to collect and record information about what you viewed on our Web site and what you viewed in our e-mail;
- to manage and present site information and the pictures displayed on your computer, and
- to deliver information specific to your interests.
Cookies and Third Party Advertisements
Kodak Participates in cookie based ad networks operated by:
- Netmining LLC
- Google Analytics™
Web Beacons: We also place small "tracker gifs" or "beacons" on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites.
Google AnalyticsTM: Kodak.com uses Google Analytics, a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ('Google'). Google Analytics uses "performance cookies" to analyse how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This website uses Google Analytics with the expansion '_anonymizeIp()'; therefore, only abbreviated IP addresses will be further processed, so that a direct connection to the individual user is eliminated. Your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google Server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services to website operators relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics by your browser with other data held by Google. You may prevent the use of Google Analytics by disabling Cookies in the browser's set up screen. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, we must advise you that in this case, you might not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent. You may prevent Google from recording the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to your use of the website (including your IP address), or processing these data by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through Google at the following link:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Google's Privacy Notice can be located at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
IP Address: We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to your computer's User ID, with the following exception: when you place an order using our online checkout process we record your computer's IP address with your order to help us identify fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed, or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
Customer Export Order Screening: Kodak employes technology and uses data obtained data from MK Data Services (http://mkdataservices.com/ ) to screen all export orders to maintain compliance with US Federal and International rules and regulations regarding export controls for denied and restricted parties.
Affiliate Site ID: If you entered kodak.co.uk by clicking a link or promotion on another website (including a Kodak co-branded portion of another website), or if you used a site that provides universal registration services to sign up for our site, we will store the ID of that affiliate site in our database along with your computer's User ID. We do this to ensure that the affiliate site receives proper credit for any subsequent order you might place. We may also use this information in conjunction with your activities on our site to help us identify what offers and services may be of interest to you.
Information from Other Sources: We sometimes obtain additional information about you, such as demographic and lifestyle information, from other sources and merge it with information we have collected on this site, as well as information you may have provided offline. We use this information as stated below.
Using your InformationKodak only uses your personal data if, and to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the contractual relationship with you. Some examples include:
- registering you in programs and discussion groups
- allowing you to post comments, images and other items of interest (e.g., projects, scrapbooks)
- allowing you to complete online "workshops"
- creating and maintaining accounts
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders
- answering your e-mail
- communicating with you
- sending friends, families and colleagues information on your behalf
- registering products
We may also use your personal data to help prevent fraud and for the purposes of protecting our rights and those of our subsidiaries.
We may use your personal data for the purposes of notifying you about promotions and other information regarding our products and services, and sending surveys to you (see the section below entitled "Your choices about receiving Email"). We will obtain your consent in advance where necessary.
We also use your personal data to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications and your web experience.
If you do not want us to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can inform us, free of charge, by emailing us at the address given in the "How to Reach us" section below, and we will comply with your request.
Does kodak.co.uk Share Your Information?Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Kodak may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal data. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include order fulfilment, coupon fulfilment, award and rebate fulfilments, customer survey execution; and information systems management. We also may make aggregate non-personal data available to select service providers.
- Subsidiaries, parent corporations and joint ventures: A subsidiary or a joint venture is an organization in which Eastman Kodak Company ("EKC") owns at least a 50% interest. EKC is the "parent corporation" to each of its subsidiaries. We may share your information with an EKC subsidiary or joint venture partner, with the requirement that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes, or use your information contrary to your expressed choices. Similarly, if an EKC subsidiary or joint venture shares your information with us, we will not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes or use your information contrary to your expressed choices.
- Co-branded and Partner Pages: Kodak may share information with partner companies who jointly present special offers or promotions on co-branded pages within our site. You will be notified of this sharing when you are asked to furnish personal data on such a page. The partner's use of any information you submit will be governed by the partner's own privacy notice, which you can review before submitting your information.
- Business Transfers: Kodak reserves the right to transfer your personal data in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is sold or transferred, Kodak will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal data. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that Kodak provided.
- Law Enforcement: Kodak may disclose personal data to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Kodak or its subsidiaries.
- With Your Consent: In all other cases, Kodak will obtain your express consent before sharing your information with third parties. For example, Kodak may conduct a joint offer or contest with a third party and you will be asked whether your personal data should be shared with that third party.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
Kodak may send you e-mail about your orders or your account and in response to your questions. Kodak and its subsidiaries may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them.
We will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal data, or when we send you e-mail. If you choose not to accept this promotional e-mail, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send you e-mail relating to the products you have purchased or registered, your account or your order(s).
Promotional e-mail that you receive from Kodak will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. For additional information about declining e-mail from Kodak, click here.
Protecting Your Information
Kodak implements a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Kodak has Internal Control Standards which relate specifically to the handling of personal information. These include certain controls to help safeguard the information we collect online.
Kodak employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Some of our sites may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal data about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal data at these sites, such as your name, member name, e-mail address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. Kodak cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people's comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, Kodak does not knowingly permit children under the age of 18 to become registered members of our sites, or to buy goods and services on our Websites, without verifiable parental consent. Kodak does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about children under 18, except with their parent's express consent.
If we ever include children under the age of 18 as part of our intended site audience, those specific web pages will be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice; and we will provide processes to obtain parental approval, provide access to information and allow parents to request removal of their children's personal data.
Kodak encourages parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to participate in their interactive activities and interests.
Some Kodak Websites contain links to and from other websites and Kodak is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Kodak encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those websites.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
European data protection laws give you the right to access and update your personal data. You also have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data, object to processing of your personal data which causes damage or distress, and prevent your personal data being used for direct marketing. If you are a registered member of kodak.co.uk you can review and update your member profile using your user name and password. You also have the option of sending an e-mail to the address noted in the "How to Reach Us" section below to request such access, change or deletion of your information or a free of charge copy of the personal data we have collected about you online. To protect your privacy, proof of identity is required.
Related Policies with kodak.co.uk web sites and services
If you have not already done so, use the links provided below to review other policies that govern your use of the on-line web site and related services.
- kodak.co.uk Site Terms
How to Reach Us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using a Kodak Website, or to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data as described above, including requesting a copy of any of your personal data, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:Kodak Limited
Online Privacy Office
Croxley Green Business Park
Watford, Herts WD18 8PX
Kodak's Online Privacy Office will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Kodak reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time, by posting a prominent announcement on this page or, in the event of a material change, by notifying by e-mail all customers whose personal data we have retained. We will not use or disclose personal data provided to us in ways that differ from those described above without informing you and providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these different uses.
(Revised December 2013)